Welcome to Canarsie Cemetery
Located in the Canarsie area of Brooklyn, the cemetery is rich in history and also a wonderful community resource.
Many notable figures are buried at Canarsie Cemetery and finding them makes a wonderful walking tour
- Part of Canarsie Since 1843
- A Place for Community Events & Outreach
- Secular to Serve Everyone
- Grounds Open Everyday
- Various Arrangement Options Available
Gate of Heaven Mausoleum
Canarsie Cemetery is proud to announce the opening of our second garden mausoleum building. Gate of Heaven Mausoleum features single, tandem and companion crypts, as well as niches for cremation burial.
Please call or stop in the office to inquire.
The Tranquil Niche Garden
Our beautiful Niche Garden is one of many places at Canarsie Cemetery that one can find peace and tranquility
- Canarsie was home to The Three Stooges and The Honeymooners
- Canarsie takes its name from the Canarsee Indians
- Canarsie was the last neighborhood in Brooklyn that was owned by the Native Indian, Lenape
Gorgeous Grounds Full of Historic Treasures
When we took over Canarsie Cemetery, the community welcomed us with open arms. We cleaned up some eyesores, and have been continually restoring the grounds to their former glory.
Visit the cemetery for a peaceful walk around artistic and historic treasures of Canarsie’s past
You may enjoy a self guided walking tour of Notable Brooklynites buried here
GAR (Grand Army of the Republic) Plot
Every year, on Memorial Day, local veterans’ organizations and members of the community perform a wreath-laying ceremony as a tribute to those interred there.
You must be logged in to post a comment.